Nordic Process Control Award
The Nordic Process Control Award is given to outstanding process control professionals who have made a lasting and significant contribution to the field of process control.
The previous recipients of the Nordic Process Control Award are:
- Howard H. Rosenbrock (Aaland, Finland, August 1995)
- Karl Johan Åstrøm (Wadahl, Norway, January 1997)
- F. Greg Shinskey (Skeviks Gård, Stockholm, 24 August 1998)
- Jens G. Balchen (Lyngby, Denmark, 14 Jan. 2000)
- Charles R. Cutler (Åbo, Finland, 23 Aug. 2001)
- Roger W. Sargent (Trondheim, Norway, 09 Jan. 2003)
- Ernst Dieter Gilles (Gothenburg, Sweden, 19 Aug. 2004)
- Manfred Morari (Lyngby, Denmark, 26 Jan. 2006)
- Jacques Richalet (Espoo, Finland, 23. Aug. 2007)
- John MacGregor (Porsgrunn, Norway, 29 Jan. 2009)
- Graham Goodwin (Lund, Sweden, 26 Aug. 2010)
At the 17th Nordic Process Control Workshop, the Nordic Process Control Award is given to Lorenz T. Biegler. At the workshop, Lorenz T. Biegler will deliver an award lecture with the title "A nonlinear programming path to NMPC and Real-Time Optimization."
Motivation for the 12th Nordic Process Control Award to Lorenz T. Biegler
The 12th Nordic Process Control Award
Professor Lorenz T. Biegler
Carnegie Mellon University
development of optimization algorithms for process control. In particular, Prof. Lorenz T. Biegler has made significant and lasting contributions to Nonlinear Model Predictive Control by development of the simultaneous method for optimization of dynamic systems and the software package IPOPT.
Pictures from the Award Session